Hey Giovanna! My pitch involves a somewhat similar topic, also relating to the implementation of sustainable products, and I find your idea super interesting. Your discussion of why you’re choosing to pursue this venture as well as your thorough explanation of how it could significantly decrease the energy output of many buildings, makes for a well thought-out and concise elevator pitch. Good job!
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman 1) What was the general theme or argument of the book? The general theme of this book is about our System 1 and System 2 processes of our thinking. System 1 is the elephant and System 2 is the rider. This means that system one is our innate, primal first reaction to stimuli, it is the fight or flight notion. System 2 is the logical, processing and slower “system” because it analyses thought processes with more precision and care than our initial reaction that is System 1. What is interesting is that through our practice and knowledge something that was previously in System 2 could fall back to System 1. This is because eventually that practice will become more routine and will demand a lot less effort. 2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003? This book enhanced primarily how I think. I’m very glad I read this book, because now I take a step back when I have a gut feeling or h...
Coco Chanel: An Intimate Life By: Lisa Chaney About Coco Chanel What surprised you the most? What surprised me the most was that Gabrielle (Coco) didn’t like being in front of customers. Such as when a customer wanted to talk directly to Gabrielle, she would prefer hiding in a cupboard than talking to the customer. She was in no way a good sales person. I relate to that, the notion of having amazing ideas, but getting timid (or just not be good at) talking to customers. That is why she hired her sister, who is a great talker and has a natural charisma. What about Coco Chanel did you most admire? She was a truly modern woman. She was a trendsetter. Her designs, her thoughts, her way of life was truly modern for the time, and challenged the persuading traditional lifestyle that still existed. She changed fashion. Women were still trapped in their garments, corsets existed and overly designed elaborate heavy outfits were in trend. She used materials that people thought ...
Who: Through my interviews I found a group of people that could fall outside the scope of my market. First it is people who don’t have thorough knowledge of sustainable architecture, and the second is people who don’t have the budget for it. Interviewer #2 from Fort. Lauderdale stated that he would only invest in something he knows would have a big impact, and he believes that sustainable architecture has very little impact. They fall outside the scope. In my interview #3 AND #4 stated that they would absolutely invest in sustainable architecture, but budget limits them. They would fall into the opportunity, but they have a limiting factor. What: My need differs from other needs in the sense that it is still architecture and people have the need to build buildings, and so why not make it sustainable. Interviewer #5 said that if she easily found a sustainable architect that she liked and was not pricey she would go for it. So what I am gathering is that this opportunity is mor...
Hey Giovanna!
ReplyDeleteMy pitch involves a somewhat similar topic, also relating to the implementation of sustainable products, and I find your idea super interesting. Your discussion of why you’re choosing to pursue this venture as well as your thorough explanation of how it could significantly decrease the energy output of many buildings, makes for a well thought-out and concise elevator pitch. Good job!